Monday, December 1, 2008

Small business marketing...

Having a small business run just by one person leaves you with two choices when it comes to marketing. You either have a lot of money to buy different services or you make all the things possible yourself. I belong to the latter category and lucky me I find it interesting to have my hands on all parts of the process.

I have found this place that makes printed papers in small numbers and at a reasonable price. I customized the posters with a fringe of little business cards to bring home. Of course I had to use the sewing machine for this. It is fast and involves no sticky glue. I like the look of the bright yellow thread that separates the professional poster and the homemade looking business cards( that was my intention... if anyone should wonder ). It also adds a little texture and feeling of maybe a dress, a shirt who knows...





I have put different materials in a basket in my car so it will be easy for me on my way around to put up a poster where ever it could be a good idea...





Oh I have to tell: I MADE A TABLE...( or at least the tabletop) I found the two Ikea adjustable table legs at my parents attic. Yeps I made the technical drawings... calculated the materials and actually built it. For a long time I have wanted a sturdy table in the studio. I wanted it to be adjustable in height, have a white plain surface that would leave no marks on whatever I am working with... It is finished and I am pleased with it. I will probably never see it this empty againg...



5 comments:

Ulrika said...

Strålande idé att fästa adresslapparna genom att sy fast dem på affischen! Ser mycket fint ut!

Anonymous said...

The customized posters are adorable! If I saw one around town, I'd be tempted to take the poster and your business cards!

beautiful.

sara said...

fin reklam o bordet är super!!!

Anonymous said...

Hummmm.... I just discover your work and world, I really love it! This is a good new day begining, even if it's still rainning.... I'll come back often to follow your work. Bonne journée.

prettywithribbons said...

What a clever idea for advertising. People will want to keep it as art!