Friday, January 22, 2010

Wardrobe analysis - part four; shirts, blouses and dresses

There is not going to be a lot of writing today... Even if shirts, blouses and dresses are some of the most significant pieces of clothing, they are also pretty easy to find. And then remember a dress is just a long blouse... isn't it ?

I would like to have good basic sewing patterns for generous fitted tops with no waist shaping, and also one for a fitted top, which leave me just enough room to make it comfortable to wear.

Once again I like a majority of long blouses and shirts and a few shorter ones. I like making personal pattern and I have especially found out that it suits me best with the waistline a little higher than normal, a wide neckline and no puffy sleeves...

All the sketches below are ment as inspiration for sewing and maybe even shopping...









Oh yes...I am pregnant... we are very happy, but I also have to underline that my last pregnancy was 7 months of nausea. I am still hoping this one will be different, even if it doesn't really look that way at the moment. I am trying to cope with it the best way I can by spending more time outside in the fresh air and eating little but often...

I will be back tomorrow with something about skirts...

13 comments:

elena gold said...

congratulations! hope you start to feel better soon.

karen said...

congratulations on your pregnancy - good luck with the nausea :o/

Dolores said...

congratulation as well!!!
thank you once again for sharing these hints - I just could print them out and use it for me personally - I really adore your taste!
And I really DO hope this time its a bit easier to cope!!!!
good luck!!!

Marianne said...

Congratulations Mette. When I saw your feature, with the anorak you have made for Seth, I thought - there will soon be one more. It's a little funny. I hope your nausea will soon disappear.

Yamila said...

Congratulations, I am sure you will be making some nice clothes for you and your new little one.
I wish I was talented as you and could sew or knit for the bub in my tum too!

Unknown said...

grattis! läser, inspireras och tycker att det är väldigt roligt att du skriver mer nu.

Marie-Louise said...

Tillykke. Jeg havde også forfærdelig kvalme da jeg var gravid og det eneste der virkelig hjalp var at spise :-D
Jeg fik tvillinger, så jeg trot at jeg holder her.

HandmadeByMalle said...

tillykke tillykke .....og så håber jeg for dig, at du ikke må lide med 7 måneders kvalme ved din nuværende graviditet!

malle

nilla said...

congratulations!

Jag håller själv på att försöka bli gravid, första försöket lyckades inte... men än så länge har vi i alla fall kul medan vi försöker.

Lycka till!

Annika said...

Congratulations! Hope the nausea will fade away soon. Great for Seth to get a sibling!

Melissa said...

Wonderful news, Mette! I hope you have an easy pregnancy.
x

Anonymous said...

Kære Mette
Du fortjener virkelig en pause. Håber du kommer hel ud på den anden side.
Hilsen Lilian from the crazy side of the famely.

Unknown said...

I Mette, congratulations and I hope the sickness goes away quickly this time. Having looked at your sketches, I wondered if you'd seen some of the built by wendy patterns at Simplicity? I've made batches of these in the last few years, initially I found them a little big, but if pregnant that might only be a blessing! good luck with everything - emily