Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer cardigan...

So you get up early in the morning... it's a little chilly outside, but the weather forecast tels you it is gonna be a fairly hot day. What to wear ? For me this is one of the solutions: Jeans, sandals, a top in a light color and the ( for me... ) essential cream colored cotton knit cardigan... Which I, of course had to knit myself...




The cardigan is knitted in Isager cotton, which is a very good and strong cotton. Lately I have been very interested in the quality of cotton. I know way to little about it, so if someone can tell me or guide me to some reading on the subject I would be happy... I tried to design the pattern so it would be logical in its shaping of the armhole and the shaping of the sleeve cap. I spend some time studying how different cardigans were shaped. I wanted to make it in a way that sewing the sleeve to the body, could be done using mostly weaving techniques.




I have just made 3 basic slips for my white cotton tops, Which was just in time for the hot weather. The jeans and cardigan can easily go more than one day before washing, but the white tops needs a washing after one day with me wearing it... This way I just get my jeans, my cardi, take a new pair of tops, and of I go... I don't really need to wear something different every day. I love the feeling of not having to worry about my clothes and I would probably feel at home wearing some sort of uniform every day. Don't get me wrong here... off course I would have to design it myself and always have the opportunity to change it whenever I wanted to... oh boy it ain't easy...




I am very happy with the design and I know it will be worn a lot. I like the look of the mother of pearl buttons with the cream color. But It's gonna be a while before I will knit in cotton again. I find it to be very hard for my fingers, since it is so slippery and with absolutely no stretch.


8 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Åh Mette. Det er bare gennemført lækkert. Skønne farver og med denne her sommer lethed, som bare er så skøn-

elena gold said...

its beautiful! so classic. i like your summer uniform very much. I'm curious how you worked out the sleeve cap shaping and how you attached sleeve to body....maybe for another post. :)

It's All Happening said...

beautiful!!! love your simple, summer wardrobe :)

Mette said...

Du har gjort det igen, Mette. Skøn, skøn cardigan,

Anonymous said...

Your blog is truly inspiring-and I so agree with your persistence to make things just the way you want them- studying in depth before starting your projects.
This is just so simple and beautiful!

Another thing
Ysolda Teague has just released her new book- Little red in the city-about how to make knitwear that actually fit- check it out!

Ellen

Annika said...

Very nice outfit! The cardigan is wonderful!

Erica said...

So classic! Love your style!

Homeowner insurance rates

Meyer-Lavigne said...

Den er da bare for lækker.