Saturday, May 2, 2009

Confession: I did something I find very extravagant. I went on a one day shopping trip to Copenhagen. Early in the morning I left the sleeping baby and boyfriend behind in the apartment. With me I had a big bag with some knitting, water and whatever I needed for the trip. I started out with a coffee at the train station and then spend some nice three hours of knitting in the train. At the main train station in Copenhagen I had just enough time for another coffee before the shops opened. It was a great feeling. It was a beautiful day and I was walking the pedestrian street and saw all the truck drivers delivering to the shops just before they opened. A hole day in Copenhagen just for myself... luxury...

Off course I was looking for shoes... I wanted a pair of high heels espadrillos in a good quality and found these at magazin. I am not a nail polish kind of girl, but when I find a pair of shoes that makes me want to put nail polish on my toes, I know it is time to get into action. I just love these shoes they make me feel so feminine and Carrie Bradshaw kind of big city cool. Can be really nise sometimes... The nail polish I bought right away... Chanel... the color is #159 Fire...

I returned home at eleven in the evening, very tired but in a splendid mood. I had been a princess for a day... Next day I had a hangover from all the visual input I had gotten. I had a very slow day and tried to recover. When you live in a smaller town you don't have any practice in filtering all these impressions from big cities. I am pretty sure Carrie Bradshaw would be just fine after a day of shopping... It is certainly not the last time I will do it...





Through Wiksten I heard about Toast. I like their style and when I saw the golden T-strap ballerinas I knew I had to have them. It is a fine made shoe with a leather sole but I had to have a more practical sole on it since I would like to use them for more than dancing Saturday night ( Don't really do that unless at home and in my PJ... and my dancing partner is only two ears old... ) So a visit to the shoemaker and now I use them all the time. They look great with narrow jeans and big soft and baggy pants with elastic at the ankle.


2 comments:

Dolores said...

mette!
every post of you is making my day!
I can imagine so well the day-off from baby/jobroutine - great idea!
and the treasures you found - really good. I think I will contact the italian mister, too...
wish you the sunniest days to show off all your goodies!
kindest regards
dolores

Christine--RHP said...

good for you!! you are in shoe heaven--
I love your choices--and totally understand your hangover--I am the same!