Monday, January 19, 2009

Who said Christmas ? ...

This year something strange happened. Christmas came and went and I barely noticed.
Yes we had all the Christmas stuff going on, I just didn't get all hyped about it. I remember one day saying laughing "Heck I think I will use this Christmas to plan the next Christmas". And so I looked in all these Christmas books and magazines. I had a great time but I didn't do much Christmas stuff myself....We didn't have snow but the weather was beautiful and gave me the upportunity to test my new lens: Nikkor 85 mm 1:1.8 D( Christmas gift from John ). Love the way it draws. Can´t wait using it a lot more.




Once in a while a get a little stuck in my work, not really knowing the direction. I have noticed a pattern: It seems that when I am a bit lost, I start cooking a lot. I find that rather strange... But that's the way it is.

Cooking for me is not really making one recipe but more to try to transform the recipe to something easier. I would like to have a repertoire of really easy and diverse dishes, but also some that can be changed with whatever you can find... like The overall structure of a curry : 600 g veggies, 400 g Chicken or other kind of meat, 1-3 tbsp of curry paste, 5 dl. coconut milk, 3 tbsp fish sauce, 3 tbsp sugar honey or other sweet stuff, some acid like lemon juice or vinegar... Other tastes that that can be used: Fresh ginger, peanut butter, tamarind, sweet chili or soy. Herbs : Basil or coriander... You got the picture ?

This year I will try to get the basics real straight. So tonight Panna cotta: Already made ( that's really an easy one... )just waiting to be served with mango and passion fruit syrup.




One day I found a lot of Tupperware at the local flea market, including this 70´s style container with little departments inside. I like the idea of having all the ingredients for a sandwich or the danish "smørrebrød" collected in one place.





But now I have to go chop a mango...

And last ( and a bit delayed ) but not least: Happy new year to all of you.

My new years intentional: Be more social and better dressed...

7 comments:

Hanne said...

Der ligger en "blomst" til dig over hos mig.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you! Keeping it simple in the kitchen means I have more time for everything (and everyone) else. I like your idea of personalizing master recipes to suit your tastes, and encourage variety.

Ulla V. said...

Jeg havde det faktisk lidt ligesom du med denne jul - den fløj forbi med al sin pragt og vælde, men den var der aldrig rigtig...Måske skyldes det for mit vedkommende bare udefrakommende forstyrrende faktorer.

Jeg er vældig imponeret over dit smørrebrød - hvor ser det indbydende ud. Og dit nyfundne Tupperware er helt og aldeles perfekt til netop dét formål.

Jeg husker de slanke krus fra min barndom, hvor vi fik saftevand i den slags hos en legekammerat....

Ulrika said...

Sådärja, du är tillbaka! Skönt!

Att vara mer social borde bli mitt löfte också, men jag har svårt att tro att du ska behöva klä dig bättre...

Fina bilder!
kram!

savvy stitch said...

I love your blog! The kids' clothes that you make are adorable. My husband and I are moving to Denmark next month--I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I have some Tupperware, as well as the same divied dish. My mom bought it at Tupperware home parties. My favorite plastic bowl to put pancake mix in is a Tupperware with pour spout.

Anonymous said...

miam miam!