Saturday, October 6, 2007

Home again

We are home.....There has been a change in situation....I'm no longer dwelling in a greek café with my laptop, drinking fresh cool orange juice....no... I'm working in my studio, hands all covered in clay, drinking coffee, foggy landscape outside and two hunters walking by my big windows with a dead fox...beautiful animal, but very quiet...sad....

I like working in the studio... And find it strange to think about the fact that some people don't appreciate the work of hands...like our old greek landlord that doesn't have to do physical work to make a living. He shows that by keeping his thumb nails long ( I'm not a peasant, he tells ) ....I always have short nails, and I never wear rings, because It makes me feel like I cant breathe....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Velkommen hjem Mette!
Og Seth og John ;o)
Heldigvis er vejret da fantastisk i disse dage.....dejligt at høre fra dig....knus...

Fine Little Day said...

Hi Mette, welcome back :)

Long nails on men, uuuu...

What about that fox?

Chi said...

I'm glad you're back and doing pottery again, welcome back! that picture of the fox saddens me to the core.