Sunday, March 2, 2008

Something I will actually wear... in a while

I have decided, this year knitting projects got to be something classic... cables... tweed...

This cardigan has been in my mind for about ten years, and I can see myself using it with jeans or just loose and relaxed over a dress. Really nothing spectacular, but something very usefull.





My plan is to make 2 of them... one long and one short. The long one in thin grey blue Shetland Wool combined with thicker cream coloured wool. Needle sixe 6 and with 14 stitches on 10 cm. I have started planning the pattern; drawing the patterns and cables on a grid. For the short one will be some kind of cream or oatmeal tweed. I also need to get my hands on a real good book with lots of knitting stitches. I have made a reservation at the library for "Vogue, dictionary of knitting stitches". Coming back to that book whole the time, I might have to buy it.



So much planning. In the meantime I am trying to use all the bits and pieces of yarn for socks and vests for Seth... show you that later...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great project. Is this book still for sale somewhere.....?! Have a great Sunday. Mette

lovely textiles said...

looks amazing - good luck. x

Kristine said...

I love your garment sketches. They are fabulous.

jenny gordy said...

those are going to be gorgeous. it's so amazing that you can plan out a pattern like that, and your sketches are wonderful.

Line said...

your plans look great - cant wait to see the result!

rosa p. said...

wonderful plan. great idea!
good luck!

sara said...

you will use that cardigan for 20 years!

marie said...

they look perfect! i need to learn how to follow a pattern soon! i can only knit scarfs ;)