Sunday, March 2, 2008

Something I will actually wear... in a while

I have decided, this year knitting projects got to be something classic... cables... tweed...

This cardigan has been in my mind for about ten years, and I can see myself using it with jeans or just loose and relaxed over a dress. Really nothing spectacular, but something very usefull.





My plan is to make 2 of them... one long and one short. The long one in thin grey blue Shetland Wool combined with thicker cream coloured wool. Needle sixe 6 and with 14 stitches on 10 cm. I have started planning the pattern; drawing the patterns and cables on a grid. For the short one will be some kind of cream or oatmeal tweed. I also need to get my hands on a real good book with lots of knitting stitches. I have made a reservation at the library for "Vogue, dictionary of knitting stitches". Coming back to that book whole the time, I might have to buy it.



So much planning. In the meantime I am trying to use all the bits and pieces of yarn for socks and vests for Seth... show you that later...

9 comments:

Mette said...

Great project. Is this book still for sale somewhere.....?! Have a great Sunday. Mette

lovely textiles said...

looks amazing - good luck. x

Kristine said...

I love your garment sketches. They are fabulous.

jenny said...

those are going to be gorgeous. it's so amazing that you can plan out a pattern like that, and your sketches are wonderful.

Line said...

your plans look great - cant wait to see the result!

rike said...

wonderful plan. great idea!
good luck!

sara said...

you will use that cardigan for 20 years!

Home Theater said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

marie said...

they look perfect! i need to learn how to follow a pattern soon! i can only knit scarfs ;)